Payer's card verification for participating in 3D-Secure
What is the MPI?
A separate tool to verify the participation of the card in 3D-Secure, which allows you to independently conduct a 3DS verification on the side of the company from the issuing bank.
How the MPI works
- Client makes payment on your website.
- You are sending the request for card verification via 3D-Secure.
- As a reply, LiqPay returns status mpi_status, does this card support 3D-Secure or not.
- If the card supports 3D Secure - you will redirect client to the page of issuing bank for 3D-Secure verification.
- After, issuing-bank returns to your server 3D-Secure verification parameters which you can use when making a request to LiqPay payment APIs.
How to work with ACS of the issuing bank:
- LiqPay returned the status of mpi_status=Y.
It is necessary to redirect the client to mpi_req_url method POST with the parameters PaReq=mpi_req_pareq, MD=mpi_req_md, TermUrl=yoursite.com.
Where yoursite.com - is the address of the page to which the issuer will return a response with the parameters PaRes and MD.
- To make a payment with the 3DS already passed, when creating the payment, you must transfer the parameters mpi_pares and mpi_md, with the values of PaRes and MD, which were received from the issuer's ACS.
With appropriate level of PCI DSS certification
According to rules of Mastercard/Visa payment systems, availability of the certificate is required because the interaction with the LiqPay passes through server-server method, the customer enters the card details on the company's website.
To receive access to the API, you need:
- To have the appropriate level of PCI DSS certification, depending on the number of transactions per year
- Apply for connection
Connecting the API
Please specify your contact details and our manager will contact you at a time convenient for you